Northstar Access has been a trusted provider of scaffolding, shoring, swing stages, and other access solutions in Canada for over 50 years. Northstar’s customers depend on them for high-quality products, exceptional installation services, industry-leading experience, and a dedicated focus on safety. Since 2012, Northstar has expanded from its original location in Southern Ontario, and now operates from 5 branches (Ontario, Manitoba, and British Columbia) employing more than 250 experienced professionals and we are currently looking for a Sr. Financial Analyst to join our team!
Our Sr. Financial Analyst will hold a broad range of responsibilities including forecasting, budgeting, accounting, financial reporting, and provide strategic operational support.
Sr. Financial Analyst Position Responsibilities:
- Work in close collaboration with the Senior Leadership Team and Functional Leaders to support the development of the annual consolidated budget
- Support monthly/quarterly forecasting requirements for both external and internal stakeholders
- Perform analysis, modelling and due diligence to support organic & inorganic growth opportunities
- Through financial and business analysis drive better, faster decisions, EBITDA improvement, and increased customer satisfaction
- Support operational BI analysis and PowerBI reporting framework
- Assist/lead various projects to streamline Financial planning processes or capture new operational data sources
- Support forecasting efforts related to capacity planning in both inventory and labour availability
- Support capital allocation decisions
- Post acquisition integration support
- Liase with operational managers on key Business Intelligence insights and provide ad hoc analysis as needed; this could include product expansion, new market entry and consideration of new verticals
- Lead system improvement or other projects as needed to support information gathering needed to support BI insights
- Other duties and projects as assigned
• University degree in Business or Accounting
• Completion of an accounting designation (CPA, CMA/CGA/CA)
- High proficiency in Microsoft Excel (pivot tables, advanced formulas) and PowerPoint
- High proficiency in Microsoft Power BI platform and basic data table manipulation
- Strong analytical skills
- Proven ability to influence change and effectively lead projects; collect and analyze data; and develop and communicate recommendations
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and time management skills
- Ability to adapt to a changing environment and meet deadlines
- Ability to analyze business process and maintain internal controls
- Ability to communicate with team members up and down the organization
- Ability to communicate complex ideas to the Senior Leadership Team
- Distill information into actionable operational insights
- Enthusiastic, Passionate, Motivated, and Leadership skills
- Results focused approach
- Team player
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal
- Ability to influence, negotiate and mediate effectively
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and professionalism
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Honest, humble, courteous, and able to demonstrate strong work ethics
- Driven and ability to work with minimum supervision
You’ll love working at Northstar Access because:
The People. You will be surrounded by some of the most talented, smart, supportive, and passionate teams – people you can be proud to work with.
The Business. Northstar Access Inc is an industry leader in access solutions in Ontario, Manitoba, Saskatchewan, and British Columbia.
Management & Ownership. Northstar’s ownership and management team are long-term focused. We are focused on making the right long-term decisions for the business and bringing in values-orientated individuals who can grow with the company over the long term. Being privately-owned and Canadian focused, we are not focused on quarterly financial results or short-term objectives.
COVID-19 Protocols in Place:
To keep our employees safe we practice social distancing, masks, hand sanitizer, daily monitoring, and safety awareness talks. You can read more about our COVID-19 policies here.
Northstar Access is an equal opportunity employer. We value and are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace for everyone. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted. No phone calls or agency, please.